From many UW campus locations, including most physician offices, you may gain access to the Enterprise Medical Image Archive (PACS) via your personal username and password (the same one used to access WISCR-IT and EPIC) by directly accessing the following URLs. If you do not have a personal logon account to use the PACS system, please refer to usage FAQ provided for information on how to obtain one.
- To use the clinical image viewing software HRS 11D (Horizion Radiology Station 11 Distributed), please go to https://remotepacs.hosp.wisc.edu/hrs
- To use the limited image viewing software MIView11 (Medical Image Viewer) for image export, please go to https://remotepacs.hosp.wisc.edu
Home or Alternative Location
For staff members who wish to access these resources from home or another location, you must have a valid UW Health Netscreen ID and a valid personal logon account for PACS.
When You Are Connected to NetScreen
Once you successfully connected to Netscreen you may navigate directly to the following URLs or use the links provided for you on the Netscreen login page.
- To use the clinical image viewing software HRS11D once you have logged in to Netscreen, go to http://remotepacs.hosp.wisc.edu/hrs
- To use the limited image viewing software MIView11 for image export, go to http://remotepacs.hosp.wisc.edu
Installing the Image viewing software
- To install the application, you need to be an Administrator. After the installation, you only need to be user or power user.
- While it is not necessary, it is recommended that you remove (via add/remove programs function in your Control Panel settings) any old versions of these programs.
- For a list of common troubleshooting items, go to http://remotepacs.hosp.wisc.edu/hrs/HRS11TroubleshootingGuide.htm
- Verify that your workstation meets the minimum requirements:
- Runs Windows XP or 2000 (XP preferred)
- Has a graphics card running at 1280x1024 or 1600x1200 at 32 bit