Programs and Spaces
- Family Lounges/Kitchens
- Family Meals
- Hospital School: Madison’s only board of Education approved hospital school to help patients from kindergarten through high school keep up with their school work. School is open Monday-Friday during Madison School District calendar year. For more information call (608) 263-8174.
- Patient Family Liaison: Connects patients and families to programs and resources within the American Family Children’s Hospital. To learn more about available resources call (608) 890-8312.
- Pet Pals
- Positive Image Center: A place where pediatric patients can ease their anxiety about appearance-altering illnesses or procedures. To schedule an appointment call (608) 890-8166.
- Pre-Surgery Tours: Preparation is provided to children to ease fears prior to surgery. Tour guests become familiar with the medical equipment and visit all the areas patient go on the day of surgery. To set up a tour call (608) 890-7888.
- Special Events/Visitors
- Teen rooms
- Tyler’s Place: A unique area in the American Family Children’s Hospital where siblings can interact with other brothers and sisters while their sibling is in the hospital. Siblings must be potty trained, health screened, and between the ages of 3-12 years. For more information call (608) 890-8037.
- Youth Advisory Council: This group represents American Family Children’s Hospital present and former patient’s ages 8-18 years. YAC offers suggestions to help make the hospital more child-friendly and to focus on ways to improve the health care of all children.