The University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics Presidential Director Leadership Award is designed to recognize our most competent and dedicated leaders. This prestigious award will recognize individuals who equally demonstrate a commitment to the mission, vision and values of UW Health and exhibit exceptional leadership skills in three domains: within their department, across the organization and through community service activities that extend beyond discipline-specific professional activities.
In order to be considered for the Presidential Director Leadership Award, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Currently holds a director position within UWHC.
- Possesses the following qualities and experiences:
- Employed by UWHC in the designated position a minimum of three years in a full-time capacity at the time the nomination is submitted and still employed at the time the award is announced.
- Demonstrates significant and measurable contributions to hospital and leadership excellence.
- Demonstrates outstanding personal leadership as demonstrated by contributions that consistently exceed performance expectations.
- Initiates actions that make a positive impact on staff or processes in both the “home work area” and across departmental boundaries.
- Exhibits commitment to UWHC, including advancing and supporting the UW Health mission, vision and strategic direction.
- Last annual performance evaluation rating must be 4 or higher.
- Demonstrates a commitment to and enthusiasm for the field of healthcare.
- Demonstrates professionalism in all interactions and in all forums.
- Demonstrates a significant contribution to the community through community service activities that extend beyond discipline-specific professional activities.