Learning and Development,
Departments & Programs,UW Health,Ambulatory Education,CPR,Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Training (All Ages)
Placement of the AED
Placement of the AED - Departments & Programs, UW Health, Ambulatory Education, CPR, Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Training (All Ages)
- You must have enough room to perform CPR and to operate the AED. Place the AED near the person’s head. This allows you to reach the controls.
- DO NOT let the AED touch the person.
- TURN ON THE AED (On/Off Button or Open Cover)/FOLLOW PROMPTS
- If possible, allow CPR to continue while placing the AED electrode pads on the person.
- If you are UNABLE to correctly place the AED electrode pads STOP CPR.
- Open the electrode pad package and remove the pads and cables.
- If the person is sweaty, dry the chest with a cloth before attaching the pads.