Learning and Development,
Departments & Programs,UW Health,Ambulatory Education,CPR,Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Training (All Ages)
Attaching the AED
Attaching the AED - Departments & Programs, UW Health, Ambulatory Education, CPR, Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Training (All Ages)
- ATTACH the electrode pads to person's bare dry chest.
- One pad to the person's upper RIGHT (below the collar bone and above the nipple).
- One pad to the person's lower LEFT side (several inches below the armpit).
- Remove all medication patches and excess medication.
- Remove women's bras with under wire. (The wire will conduct the electricity.)
- DO NOT place an electrode patch OVER a pacemaker - move the pad over slightly.