The Heart & Vascular Care Procedure Center's Cardiovascular Laboratory, directed by Giorgio Gimelli, MD, performs more than 4,000 procedures annually, including more than 1,700 diagnostic cardiac catheterizations.
UWHC facilities include:
- Two Phillips biplane coronary laboratories
- A Phillips single-plane coronary laboratory
- A Phillips biplane lab dedicated to electrophysiologic studies
- A Phillips lab equipped with digital subtraction technology for peripheral vascular diagnostic and interventional procedures
A Camtronics "cine-less" digital image management system serves four of the five labs. Imaging modalities also include:
- On-line quantitative angiography
- Intravascular ultrasound
- Doppler flow-wire assessment of coronary artery stenoses
Outpatient cardiovascular diagnostic and interventional procedures are performed in conjunction with the recently constructed adjacent 15-bed Heart & Vascular Care Procedure Center, which features comfortable private patient rooms as well as a family waiting area and conference room for patients and their families.