The Heart and Vascular Care (HVC) Clinics, directed by Mohamed H. Hamdan, MD, Chief, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, sees approximately 15,000 patients annually. In addition to providing General Cardiology care, the HVC Clinics also provide the following specialty services/clinics: Adult Congenital Clinic, Prevention Clinic, Heart Failure/Transplant Clinic, Electrophysiology Clinic, Device Clinic, Interventional Services and Cardiac Surgery.
The UWHC Heart and Vascular Care Clinics welcome patients Monday through Friday from 8am until 5pm.
The UWHC HVC Clinics have three locations:
- HVC Clinic - CSC
600 Highland Ave. MC 4160
Madison, WI 53792
Phone: (608) 263-1530
Fax: (608) 265-8887
- HVC Clinic - West Clinic
451 Junction Rd. MC 9901
Madison, WI 53717
Phone: (608) 263-1530
Fax: (608) 262-6156
- HVC Clinic - UW Health at The American Center
4602 Eastpark Blvd.
Madison, WI 53718
Phone: (608) 263-1690
Our highly skilled multidisciplinary team includes physicians, nurses, pharmacists, social worker, dieticians, medical assistants, and schedulers. Our HVC Clinics Team's mission is to provide quality care delivered with exceptional customer service so patients will continue to choose HVC Clinics as their provider of choice.
Code of Conduct
H eart and Vascular Care Clinic
- We will provide caring and respectful interactions with patients and team members - caring for other's hearts from our own heart.
- We will create an environment in which empathy is valued and encouraged by all members of the healthcare team.
- We will create an environment that will allow patients, families and staff to freely express their thoughts regarding a patient's care.
- We will strive to create a pleasant environment for our patients through exceptional hospitality and a thorough, yet expeditious check-in during their visit with the Heart and Vascular Clinic.
- We will create an experience for the patient which exceeds his or her expectations.
- We will create an environment that helps reduce stress in stressful situations for both the patient and co-workers.
- We will continue to support the importance of being a patient advocate regardless of age, race, gender or disabilities while holding ourselves accountable for all our actions and encouraging others to hold themselves accountable as well.
- We will maintain an atmosphere where patients can learn about their health conditions and understand their plan of care.
- We will treat each individual patient and family members or friends with respect.
- We will be respectful and courteous to all our patients and their families whether here at the clinic or on the phone.
- We will treat others as we want to be treated.
- We will treat our patients as if they were a family member, and will always greet them with a smile.
- We will strive to support and help our co-workers in order to ensure delivery of quality, patient-centered care to all Heart and Vascular Care patients.
- As a team, appreciating our own individual differences, we strive for exceptional care through strategic thinking, planning and the momentum which reflects a spirit of dedication to our patients.