Staff can assist with services such as:
- Serving as a welcome center
- Directing patient to clinic appointments
- Directing patients to Security
- Accepting donations
- Validating parking
- Assisting with Ronald McDonald referrals
- Providing directions
- Providing general information
Location: 1st floor of AFCH, room 1302
Hours: Monday-Friday 7am-5pm
Phone: (608) 890-8000
Do patients get free parking?
Yes, all outpatients can get their parking ticket validated at the Guest Depot desk or at the 2nd floor welcome desk.
Do visitors get free parking?
Parking for visitors are available at hourly and daily rates. Two free parking passes can be issued to primary visitors of each inpatient. To obtain these passes visitors should take their primary visitors badges to the parking office located on AFCH Level E.
How does a family make a referral for the Ronald McDonald House (RMH)?
The Ronald McDonald House (RMH) provides temporary lodging and services for families whose children are undoing treatment at local healthcare facilities.
The initial referral must be made through the Guest Services department.
- Initial referrals can be made with Guest Depot (608) 890-8000 or NICU Greeter Desk (608) 265-6320
- After hours, please call University Hospital Patient Housing (608) 263-0315
- Families can make subsequent referrals by calling the RMH directly at (608) 232-4660.
In order to stay at RMH, patients and families must meet the following criteria: -
- The patient must be 18 years of age or younger at the time of referral
- The parent/guardian staying at RMH must have a home address more than 35 miles away
- Families are required to call RMH the morning of arrival to confirm availability
- One room is available per patient’s family, and can accommodate 4-6 guests
Who accepts donations for AFCH?
Donations can be dropped off at the Guest Depot desk. Donated items must be new and in packaging. For a list of appropriate donations, please visit:In-Kind Donations, Get Involved, American Family Children's Hospital