UW Health Resident Quality and Safety Council (RQSC)
The RQSC meets every other month for 1 hour (alternate meetings are at 7am and 12pm) and provides:
- Platform for discussing system patient safety and quality improvement with hospital leaders
- Resident voice to system improvement at UW Health
- Avenue for further involvement in hospital-wide leadership committees
- Leadership and skill development in quality improvement efforts at UW Health in resident led projects
- Platform for elevating quality and safety concerns of residents
- Opportunity to participate in problem-solving of key patient safety issues for UW Health
- Hone skills in Root Cause Analysis through discussion of important safety events at UW Health
The RQSC sponsors the annual UW Resident and Student Quality Improvement Symposium in spring (usually April or May).
- Symposium includes opportunities to present a poster on a quality improvement project you are working on
- Keynote address by a leader is patient safety and quality improvement
- Breakfast/lunch is provided at meetings
If you are not yet a member, but are interested in joining this council, contact your program director.