WARP collects all surplus equipment from UWHC, AFCH, The American Center and all outlying clinics. WARP will not collect items that are of a hazardous nature or determined unsafe to handle.
If WARP collects items that require a recycling fee, the department's pickup work order will include a disposal fee.
WARP reserves the right to refuse any pickup of item(s) not accompanied by an F&E Form 10.
All equipment and supplies turned in by departments that are no longer needed or wanted will be evaluated by WARP personnel and either be stored, sold on UW SWAP auction site, sent to UW SWAP, donated or properly disposed of.
Item that can be sent to UW SWAP:
- Computer equipment, regardless of condition or age
- Computer monitors (working)
- Televisions (working)
- Functional office equipment
- Working printers (non-working printers will cost $0.20 per lb. if over 50 lbs.)
- Complete and functional office furniture (e.g. desks, chairs and file cabinets)
- Clean reusable labware
- Working equipment of any kind
- Books and DVDs
- Tools and hardware
- Electrical equipment including motors regardless of condition
- Clean, modern and functioning appliances
Items that cannot be sent to UW SWAP:
- Liquids, powders or aerosol sprays of any kind
- Equipment containing mercury
- Equipment or material containing asbestos
- Incomplete or broken furniture of any kind
- Dented file cabinets or stained furniture
- Broken or contaminated labware
- Plate glass
- Dismantled shelving
- Light fixtures and fluorescent bulbs
- Dirty or non-functioning appliances