- History and physical
- Dictated consult notes
- Progress notes from last two days
- POA-HC activation, if appropriate
- Prescriptions for patients going home*
*Patients with Medicare can be reimbursed for medications related to management of terminal diagnosis when enrolled in hospice program. To qualify, prescriptions must be filled on or after the day that patient enrolls in hospice.
If the patient/family fill prescriptions here or on the way home from the hospital, they need to save receipts and give to HCI when enrolling later that day. After enrolled with HCI, families pick up meds and pay $5 co-pay, and pharmacy will bill Hospice Care, Inc. for the balance.
- Patients transported via Ryan Brothers receive a discounted rate. HCI is willing to arrange a transport time but need to know how quickly paperwork/logistics can be coordinated. Patients and families should know that ambulance bill will be submitted to insurance, but they should plan to pay privately because it is seldom reimbursed.
- Community DNR bracelet and form should be completed. If cannot get bracelet before patient leaves, give copy of inpatient DNR form to ambulance.
- Family can sign admission paperwork for the inpatient Anderson Center(or any inpatient hospice facility) even if the patient is unable to give consent and does not have a POA-HC