Use the procedure below to arrange for home health care:
- Check with patient and the insurance company regarding preferred provider(s) and benefits.
- Medicare and private insurance companies generally use similar criteria. These include:
- Meet "homebound" definition
- Be under the care of a doctor
- Requires skilled nursing, PT or speech therapy
- Needs service that is "medically necessary"
- Print a list of home health agencies in the patient's city/county.
- Call the preferred home health agency and give report on the patient's needs at discharge.
- Complete the PPOC and have it faxed to the agency the day of discharge. During the week, Continuity of Care Office, E5/620 is open weekdays 8am to 5pm and Saturdays 10am to 2pm.
- UW Health has its own home health agency called UW Home Health. Their telephone number is 262-8116.
- Nurse liaisons are located in the hospital and can be reached at 262-2654. Service area includes Dane County and surrounding areas.