Use the procedure below to arrange for durable medical equipment (DME):
- You must first check with the patient and insurance company for preferred provider(s) and benefits.
- Call the DME provider to order the requested and appropriate equipment. You will nee the ordering doctor's name.
- Medicare will usually pay up to 80 percent and the patient is responsible for the remaining 20 percent.
- Possible DME providers in the area:
- UW Health Home Care: (608) 203-2273
- Home Health United: (608) 242-1516
- Apria: (608) 221-5480
- Meriter Home Health: (608) 327-3700
- Walgreens: (608) 256-1212