/depts/,/depts/uwhc/,/depts/uwhc/coordinated-care/,/depts/uwhc/coordinated-care/arranging-for-durable-medical-equipment-dme/,

/depts/uwhc/coordinated-care/arranging-for-durable-medical-equipment-dme/

201409252

page

100

UWHC,

Patient Care,Patient Services,

Departments & Programs,UW Hospital and Clinics,Coordinated Care

Arranging For Durable Medical Equipment (DME)

Arranging For Durable Medical Equipment (DME) - Departments & Programs, UW Hospital and Clinics, Coordinated Care

Focus

Use the procedure below to arrange for durable medical equipment (DME):

  1. You must first check with the patient and insurance company for preferred provider(s) and benefits.
  2. Call the DME provider to order the requested and appropriate equipment. You will nee the ordering doctor's name.
  3. Medicare will usually pay up to 80 percent and the patient is responsible for the remaining 20 percent.
  4. Possible DME providers in the area:
    • UW Health Home Care: (608) 203-2273
    • Home Health United: (608) 242-1516
    • Apria: (608) 221-5480
    • Meriter Home Health: (608) 327-3700
    • Walgreens: (608) 256-1212