When older adults are hospitalized, they often face challenges that younger patients do not, including confusion, unfamiliar routines, unfamiliar surroundings, medication changes and decreased mobility.
The Acute Care for Elders (ACE) Geriatric Consult team is specially trained to meet the unique physical, mental, emotional and social needs of our older adult patients and their families.
- Geriatricians: Dr. Elizabeth Chapman (Medical Director), Dr. Kurt Hansen
- Clinical Nurse Specialist: Colleen Foley
- Nurse Practitioner: Cynthia Carlson
- Physical Therapist: Susanne Angileri
- Social Worker: Magda Bertalan
- Pharmacists: Jessica Mihalko, Joshua Vanderloo, Rebecca Schuman, Krista Rieger, Sarah Niemi, Erin Lethlean, Karlie DiPietra, Jonathan Kempfert, Katie Cinnamon, Cameron Patterson, Clause Taylor
- Program Director: Maria Brenny-Fitzpatrick
To offer patients 60 and older a proactive and comprehensive interdisciplinary team geriatric evaluation directed toward preserving function and independence and preventing the hazards of hospitalization.
The ACE Team can help with
- Behaviors associated with dementia or memory changes
- Difficulty walking, muscular weakness due to lack of use (deconditioning), falling
- Determining a patient’s ability to make medical decisions
- Depression and anxiety
- Caregiving concerns
How to Obtain an Ace Consult
Provider (MD, PA, or NP) on primary service needs to place an order for an ACE consult