Departments & Programs,UW Hospital and Clinics,Compliance,Code of Conduct/Ethics,Code of Ethics on Conflicts of Interest
1.04. Action to Avoid Possible Conflict
1.04. Action to Avoid Possible Conflict - Departments & Programs, UW Hospital and Clinics, Compliance, Code of Conduct/Ethics, Code of Ethics on Conflicts of Interest
- When it appears that a material conflict may arise between the personal interests of an employee and his or her public responsibilities to the Hospital Authority, the employee shall notify the CEO or his/her designee by submitting a written statement describing the nature of the possible conflict.
- Within 15 days after receipt of the statement, the CEO or his/her designee shall advise the employee in writing that:
- There is no conflict prohibited by this policy and the employee may proceed; or
- There may be a conflict which must be resolved in one of the following ways:
- The employee shall not proceed with his or her Hospital Authority duties which result in the conflict, so long as the conflict remains; or
- The employee shall not proceed with his or her personal interests which result in the conflict, so long as the conflict remains.
- The written direction under subsection (2)(b)1. may reassign the responsibilities concerning affected transactions to one or more other persons who are not subordinates of the affected employee to remove the affected employee from the potential conflict.
- If an employee is advised that subsection (2)(b) applies to his or her case, the employee, within 15 days after notice of the decision, may use the employee grievance procedure applicable to the employee to appeal the decision.