What Makes a Bundle So Special?
The bundled care process involves 6 steps: choose, define, improve, price, implement and monitor. The changes involved in a bundle are not new; they’re evidence-based best practices, but they’re often not performed uniformly, making treatment sometimes unreliable and more expensive than necessary. A bundle provides a set of interventions that are consistently followed for every patient.
Bundled Care Goals
- Improve integration and coordination of care
- Improve clinical quality outcomes
- Positive patient experience
- Improved value of care (higher quality at reduced cost)
Provides An Opportunity To
- Advance the triple aim: Better Health, Better Care, Lower Costs
- Engage physicians in improvement and standardization
- Maintain or grow market share for bundled services
UW Health Bundled Care - Work Streams and Owners