UW Health is committed to recognizing our Advanced Practice Providers for their outstanding commitment and service to our patients, organization and their profession.
We encourage participation and nomination in any of the following programs:
UW Health Advanced Practice Provider (APP) Excellence Awards
UW Health and the Advanced Practice Provider Council are pleased to sponsor an annual Advanced Practice Provider (APP) professional award and recognition program at UW Health. Three separate awards recognizing UW Health APP excellence in the areas of Clinical Practice, Teaching, and Leadership will be given at the Advanced Practice Provider Annual Recognition Event held each fall.
Please consider nominating one of these professionals for their exceptional contributions and performance in one of the above named areas. A nomination form with supporting documents is required. Application materials are made available each July and due early September for the award year.
If you have questions about the awards or nominating an APP, please contact APP Council member Rhonda Hoyer or Sr. Administrative Secretary Kim Loun.
Congratulations UW Health Medical Board Appointees
- Caitlin Weitzel, NP - Hospitalist
- Annie Sugar, PA - ENT/OTO
Congratulations Mary Beth Henry, RN, MS, CS, A.P.N.P
- Appointed Co-Chair APP Committee 2017-2019 AHPBA Americas Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association
- Quick Shot talk Implementing Frailty Assessment of Elderly Patients Undergoing Pancreatectomy
- E-Poster display Implementing Frailty Assessment of Elderly Patients Undergoing Pancreatectomy
Megan Peterson, NP and Joanne Rash, PA - presented “Intimacy and Sexual Health; A Conversation for Women with Cancer” at the Foundation for Women's Cancer free Ovarian Cancer Survivors Course on October 7, 2017. The course offers survivors, patients and caregivers the latest information about gynecologic cancers from leading experts in the field.
- Lori Seaborne, PA-C – presented “A Wish for Women: Improving Women’s Sexual Wellness After Cancer” at the Carbone Cancer Center’s annual conference on October 6, 2017.
- Mary Beth Henry NP, Jennifer Wilson PA, Sarah Smith NP– Mary Beth, Jennifer, and Sarah all published chapters in Illustrative Handbook of General Surgery Second Edition.
- Henry, M.B. (2016). Biopsy of Skin Lesions In Illustrative Handbook of General Surgery Second Edition (pp. 767-779). New York, NY: Springer.
- Smith, S. (2016). Drainage of Abscess In Illustrative Handbook of General Surgery Second Edition (pp. 759-766). New York, NY: Springer.
- Wilson, J. (2016). Excisional Biopsy of Dermal and Subcutaneous Lesions In Illustrative Handbook of General Surgery Second Edition (pp. 781-791). New York, NY: Springer.
- Sarah Schaefer NP – Section editor in Chen, H. (2016). Illustrative Handbook of General Surgery Second Edition. New York, NY: Springer.
- Tatum Curry NP – Tatum has been one of the key educators in the Stop the Bleed campaign presenting throughout UW Health with Dr. Hee Soo Jung.