Name: Zika Virus Ab, IgM
Test Name: Zika Virus Ab, IgM
Health Link Test Code: ZIKAIGM
LIS Test Code: ZIKAIGM
Testing Site: Testing will be sent to an approved reference laboratory
All testing must be preapproved by Wisconsin Public Health.
1) All requests for Zika Virus must be approved by the Wisconsin Department of Public Health (WDPH) before submitting specimens to WSLH.
2) BEFORE COLLECTION of specimen(s) in a suspected case of Zika Virus, ordering provider must contact WDPH at (608) 267-9003. The Wisconsin State Laboratory of Hygiene (WSLH) is now able to perform testing upon approval by the WDPH.
3) Once approved, WDPH will fax approval form to the ordering provider.
4) Ordering provider will place orders in Healthlink.
5) Give patient a copy of the approval form and send them to have their blood collected.
6) Approval form must be presented at the time of collection and accompany blood to the UWHC lab.
7) Contact ordering provider if patient presents without the approval form.
8) UWHC lab will inform WSLH a specimen will be submitted.