Clinical Hub,Tools & Resources,Health Link and Outside EHR Medical Systems,Health Link Info, Tips and Training,Behavioral Safety Alert
Guidelines - Clinical Hub, Tools & Resources, Health Link and Outside EHR Medical Systems, Health Link Info, Tips and Training, Behavioral Safety Alert
When placing a Behavioral Safety Alert FYI
- Behavioral Safety Alert FYIs should never be placed in isolation. At a minimum include the provider.
- All Behavioral Safety Alert FYIs are reviewed after placement and at least every 6 months.
- Behavioral Safety Alert FYIs cross encounters. When crafting the FYI, consider this.
Immediate Placement Steps
- Consult: with MD/s and the Nurse Manger or other involved to review facts supporting placement of a Behavioral Safety Alert FYI should be placed.
- Document in the Chart: this may take the form of a Behavioral Safety Note Type or a letter placed by Patient Resources. This serves at the background/safety plan/expectations for interacting with the patient.
- Place the Actual FYI: Clear and concise factual statement of purpose/instructions for FYI. Refer to the template of examples for options. The FYI should direct the employee to the note/letter.
- PCP/Specialist notified via drop box, re:pt message or email. The PCP if not directly involved should be notified and this should be documented in the chart and included in the letter to the patient.
- Email to the Behavioral Safety Alert Review Committee (there is an email group for this committee): Please include information that a FYI was placed for patient including medical record number (MRN).
- Initial Review: Behavioral Safety Alert FYI Committee Reviews the FYI via email and makes suggestions, edits are performed only by UWMF Patient Resources/UWHC Patient Relations.
- UWMF Patient Resources or UWHC Patient Relations formally notifies the patient in writing that a Behavioral Safety Alert FYI has been placed in their MR and may outline behavioral expectations and consequences if not followed.
- All Behavioral Safety Alert FYIs are reviewed at the Quarterly Behavioral Safety Alert FYI Committee at least every 6 months; review includes appropriateness and content of the FYI.