(A "tele-visit" may be possible if a visit to PASS Clinic requires driving long distance. Call PASS clinic to confirm and schedule.)
- Family or Patient history of serious anesthetic problems
- Family or Patient history of Malignant Hyperthermia
If these first two items above are for a "new" patient or issue, then the patient may bypass the Clinic only after a call to the Preop Clinic to discuss. If the patient has had a previous review of the issues by us and it is well-documented in the shared data section of the chart (i.e. it exists in either the Problem List or PMH with a "pointer" to a specific Note), then bypassing the Clinic is allowed, as long as the patient doesn’t request to see us in person.
- Refusal of blood products (Blood Refusal Questionnaire should be filled out before visit)
- Patient is having non-Airway surgery & there is current airway/mediastinal obstruction/mass.
- Complex medical condition (specify in Comments, Call PASS nurse if questions))
- Patient has specific concerns about anesthesia (call PASS nurse first)
- OTHER reason for PASS Clinic VISIT (specify in Comments, Call PASS nurse if questions)
Method to place Visit request:
- An Ambulatory Order for Adult PASS Preop Clinic Consult (search for “PASS”). Use the “Visit” section of the Order. You may want to place a phone call to the PASS Preop Clinic if you are uncertain is an actual visit is needed.