- Radiant Warmer (order from CS Pager # 6291)
- Delivery tray
- FH monitor
- Peds cart (top drawer)
- Umbilical cath tray
- Airway equipment (grey bag in peds cart)
- Notify Pharmacy, PICU, CHETA, OB/GYN, RT, and 2 ED staff RN’s
- Assess and Manage VS, suction, and keep baby WARM
- If resuscitation needed refer to neonatal resuscitation chart attached to delivery checklist
- APGAR Score at one and five minutes
- Let mom and baby bond. Then weigh and check blood sugar (>40 mg/dL)
- Eye prophylaxis (erythromycin) and vitamin K
- Massage fundus IMMEDIATELY after delivery of baby and placenta (do not PULL).
- Assess every 10-15 min for first hour; if boggy (soft) massage fundus
- Assess and monitor for maternal bleeding.
- Disposition of the placenta
- Between the hours of 8am and 7pm, call pathology to obtain the container for the placenta and send labeled specimen to pathology. (608) 263-8443.
- If between 7pm and 8am, call the OR, (608) 263-8595 to get the container for the placenta, then have security open the doors to pathology. Make sure the container is labeled properly and leave on the counter.
- If for some reason neither option works, call paging, (608) 262-2122 and ask for the pathology resident on call. They would be coming from home so use this as a last resort.
- Complete Birth Certificate
- For assistance call-Vital Records of Department of Health Services: (608) 267-7814
- CHETA: (608) 263-3258
- Meriter NICU: (608) 417-6214
- St. Marys NICU: (608) 258-6840
If you are calling Meriter or St. Mary’s, tell them you need to transport a patient and they will arrange the transport.