- After hours the VA will call when a patient needs to use the CT scanner for a stroke code.
- The caller will provide you the patient’s name/DOB
- Search for the patient.
- If the patient has an existing MRN provide the caller with the MRN
- If the patient does NOT have an existing MRN you will need to create one following the steps below.
- Provide the caller with the patient’s MRN and Stroke Staff, which is found on Web Paging.
In HealthLink, click on Registration in the top tool bar.
Type in the information provided by the caller and search for the patient. If you cannot find the patient, select NEW.
You will be taken to the Registration screen. The UWHC MRN will appear in the top menu.
From the Guarantor Accounts tab, click on Add Guarantor Account.
Select Add’l Type, use the magnifying glass drop down menu to select Veterans Administration.
Choose Self for the guarantor and Create New Account.
Select Next to create New Coverage
Choose Veterans Administration option.
Fill in the effective date, relationship to subscriber is self and Insurance ID is SSN or 9’s.
Select Finish and you are done.