Patients that pass away in the ED and the Coroner takes the patient for exams.
1. Open the patient's chart and click on "Orders."
2. Under Discharge Orders, type in Skeletal and click "Search."
3. Always select X-Ray Post Mortem Skeletal Survey-Infant.
4. You will be taken to the following screen:
The fields will always be filled in the same way with the following information:
- Dx Assoc: Death (type "Death" in Field 2, then always choose the first option)
- Question 1 (specific question answered by exam?): N/A Trauma
- Question 2 (past history): None
- Question 3 (pregnant): No
5. Click "Accept," then click "Sign Orders."
6. "Ordering Provider" has to be the coroner. Type in "Irman" in the order provider field and Barry Irman will populate in that field, and the "For Procedures" field. "Medications" field has to be populated with the ED Attending who saw the patient.
7. A warning will pop up asking if you want to accept the order. Click "Yes."
8. The order will now be under Discharge Orders.