Clinical Hub,References,AFCH/Pediatric Resources ,Pediatric Sedation
Inpatient Pediatric Sedation Requests to the Diagnostic and Therapy Center (DTC)
Inpatient Pediatric Sedation Requests to the Diagnostic and Therapy Center (DTC) - Clinical Hub, References, AFCH/Pediatric Resources , Pediatric Sedation
- Make patient NPO!
- Place IV and administer IV fluids.
- Important: Complete contact information
- Submit to the DTC
- Directly deliver request to DTC Coordinator
- Call DTC Coordinator @ 2-4402 and tube request to station 911
- For radiology requests: Have inpatient ward HUC enter any radiology orders ASAP.
- For other procedures (e.g. PICC lines, LPs): Determine availability of individual performing requested procedure.
- Assure that a family member (individual that can consent) is available in person (preferable) or by phone.
- Once the information is received, the request will be processed by the DTC.
- Our goal is to accommodate all Inpatient Pediatric Sedation requests.
- In the event we cannot conduct the sedation due to illness severity issues or scheduling problems, we will facilitate directing the request to another service.
- The requesting service will be notified at that time and informed of any contacts that need to be made.
- Patients and Procedures that should be sent directly to anesthesia: DVI procedures, MRI in patients < 3 months of age, OSA (unless minimal sedation required)
- Enteral midazolam can be given on the wards for ASA 1 & 2 patients as long as there is an identified staff MD.