QUIT LINE FACT SHEET
How the Quit Line Works
Produced by the University of Wisconsin Center for Tobacco Research & Intervention
calls the Quit Line.
A friendly coach
o�ers tips and helps
create a plan.
The Quit Line sends
They arrive in the
mail. It’s free.
�e Quit Line’s FREE Services
* Available 24/7.
* Telephone coaching for Wisconsin tobacco users who want to quit. �is consists of one individualized coaching
and support call.
* Callers will receive personalized advice on how to quit, information on medications, and assistance with choosing a
quit date and creating a quit plan.
* Wisconsin residents may call the Quit Line back as often as they like.
* Two weeks of free medication (nicotine patch, nicotine gum or nicotine lozenge) and self-help materials.
* A secure Web Coach where tobacco users can interact with others trying to quit, get support, develop personalized
quit plans and track results.
* Information for those concerned about a tobacco user.
How to Reach Us
* Call 800-QUIT-NOW (800-784-8669).
* Register online: Visit www.WiQuitLine.org and click on “Register Online” in the right-side panel.
Helping Smokers Quit
* �e Quit Line has �elded hundreds of thousands of calls since May 1, 2001.
* About half of callers are either underinsured or Medicaid recipients.
About the Quit Line
* �e Quit Line is managed by the University of Wisconsin Center for Tobacco Research and Intervention
* It is funded by the Wisconsin Department of Health Services.