Clinical Hub,Patient Safety,Nursing Quality and Safety Resources,SMART Resources and Tips,Safe Patient Handling Training Guide- AFCH
EZ Smart Lift
EZ Smart Lift - Clinical Hub, Patient Safety, Nursing Quality and Safety Resources, SMART Resources and Tips, Safe Patient Handling Training Guide- AFCH
- Safety Check
- Check battery
- Battery should be rotated every day
- Do not use the device if the battery is low. If the battery dies, it will likely no longer accept a full charge and need to be replaced. Instead replace the battery with the one on the charger
- Red Emergency Stop
- For use in emergent situations to stop the device
- If “Emergency stop” is indicated on the screen check to make sure the red button is in the up position. Twist the red button, do not pull on it.
- If the button is in the up position and the “emergency stop” is still displayed, try changing the battery. If that does not work, place a work order to have the device evaluated.
- Emergency Release
- The emergency release will lower the patient in case the device fails or the battery dies
- Spreader bar
- Opens and closes the legs to get around objects. It does not matter whether the legs are open or closed when moving a patient.
- Product Demonstration
- Place the sling (see instructions above)
- Attach the sling to the ceiling lift
- Position EZ lift bars parallel to the patient. Connect straps to EZ Lift bars, crossing the leg straps first. Use same strap length for both upper connections and the same for both lower connections.
- Lift the patient
- Standing next to the patient, press the “up” arrow to raise the lift. Lift a few inches, then pause and check to see that all straps are properly attached to the carry-bar. Continue lift maneuver. Always have 1 hand on the sling to stabilize patient during movement.
- Move the patient to the desired location
- Complete transfer in one smooth move, avoiding stops and starts
- Lower the patient
- Press “down” arrow to lower patient
- Remove sling straps from hanger bar