Anne Leclaire CNS Nursing Quality and Safety with any questions.
- Open the Orders tab and in the Search Box enter “seizure” or “seizure precautions,” then select the order needed. The pads can be ordered with seizure precautions or independently
- Complete order entry fields and Accept the order
- Sign the order using Protocol/Policy without Co-sign order mode
KEY STEP: Call bed movers at (608) 516-0594 to notify them that a seizure pad* is needed
Proper Placement of Seizure Pads
The only seizure pads that will work with the new Stryker S3 beds are pictured below. Old pads will not fit on the bed correctly.
Patient Discharge/Seizure Pad Discontinued
- Environmental services will clean the seizure pads
- If patient no longer needs pad prior to discharge, ask environmental services to clean pads with daily room clean and call bed mover to pick up pads
- Seizure pads may also be cleaned with Cavi/Bleach wipes
*Seizure pads will be stored centrally and should not be stored in unit stock rooms