Nursing Practice Guideline Committee Charges for FY17:
- Support and coordinate the development, implementation, and evaluation of nursing practice guidelines for UW Health Nursing.
- Provide consultation and oversight for nursing practice guidelines and TRIP sheets requested and/or developed by a service/unit/clinic.
- Provide recommendations for Nursing Practice Guideline process and improvement work, along with NPG drafts, to the Nursing Practice Council for final approval.
- Ensure nursing practice guidelines, TRIP sheets, and related resources are electronically accessible to nursing staff.
- Ensure review of all existing nursing practice guidelines every three years and revise as appropriate.
Nursing Practice Guideline Committee Goals for FY 17:
- Facilitate implementation of the Mitigation of Nurse Fatigue Nursing Practice Guideline
- Connect with key stakeholders (e.g. D4/4, Psych Liaison CNS) who can help to raise awareness of the guideline and can assist with implementation by December, 2016.
- Collaborate with Nursing Staffing Council, Content Expert, and UW Health’s Employee Wellness to identify 5 implementation strategies by October, 2016.
- Review and/or revise guideline topics, by end of FY 17, including: Strategies to Support Self-Management of Chronic Conditions, Obesity, Ca-UTI, Insulin Pump Use in the Hospital, Restraints, IP/VAD, and Falls.
- Contact Authors/Content Experts by September, 2016
- Review and Approve by June 2017
- Develop and implement a marketing plan for Nursing Practice Guidelines by June 2017.
Approved, Nursing Practice Guideline Committee: August 4, 2016
Approved, Nursing Practice Council: August 9, 2016