The following resources are part of the training needed for new staff at UW Health.
Online Immunization Education: Mandatory for all new staff in addition to being available for existing staff. Search the LDS for course name: UW Health Immunization Education.
2015-2016 Influenza Vaccination Recommendations Training
- The 2015-2016 Influenza Vaccination Recommendations training is now available
- Every year there is a new influenza (flu) vaccine and variety of flu vaccine products available. The 2015-2016 Influenza Vaccination Recommendations training includes information every vaccine provider should know about flu, the various flu vaccines, ACIP recommendations, storage and handling requirements, and administration considerations.
- The annual recommendation for influenza vaccination means that health care providers should remain up-to-date with their knowledge of influenza vaccination and practices. Influenza is a contagious respiratory illness caused by influenza viruses. It can cause mild to severe illness. Flu can also result in serious outcomes such as hospitalization or death. Older adults, young children and people with certain health conditions are at high risk for serious complications from flu. The best way to prevent the flu is by getting vaccinated each year.
Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS)
Immunization Scheduling (per the CDC)
- Schedule for Persons Birth through 18 years
- Catch-up Schedule
- Adult Schedule, by Vaccine and Age Group
- Recommended Vaccinations Indicated for Adults Based on Medical and Other
- Adult Contraindications and Precautions
- Screening Checklist for Contraindications to Vaccines
- Information for Health Professionals about the Screening Questionnaire
- For Adult Immunization
- For Child and Teen Immunization
- Screening Questionnaire
- Immunization Techniques: Best Practices with Infants, Children and Adults (2010). A production of the California Department of Public Health, Immunization Branch. Order video by sending an email to email@example.com. Include your name, clinic and location number.